Friday, September 3, 2010

Listen Up - Good Social Media Experts to Follow

A colleague and friend of mine, Todd Bolster, at The Basement Design + Motion, were IM'ing each other on Facebook yesterday. I was helping him brainstorm potential prospects and he jokingly referred to me as the Forbes Magazine of our industry.  I think that industry spans some territory: the interfraternal community, nonprofit community, and knowledge about social media.  I took that comment as a huge compliment, because if there is one thing I like to do is network with people and listen to what they have to say.

With that in mind, I thought I would share with you some good people to follow, network with, like, and above all...listen to what they have to say about social media, communication trends, nonprofit technology trends, and other things "tech."  By no means is this an exhaustive list.  This was just my off-the-top of my head list of recommendations to get you started.

On Facebook
NTEN: The Nonprofit Technology Network
TED
Fortune Magazine
Fast Company

On Twitter
@jeffbullas
@johnhaydon
@kanter
@newssocialmedia
@techcrunch
@dakshinamurti
@mashable
@davidebowman

You can easily go crazy with following people so I picked out my favorites that post the most relevant and useful content.  I would be interested in hearing your recommendations.  And in case you are so inclined, you can follow me on twitter at @bethanydeines.

No comments:

Post a Comment